Hass-Darr Hall, West Plains Campus, Renovation
Project Description: The university is renovating and adding on to the building which served as the West Plains Post Office. The Post Office's lease came to an end and they have moved to a new location. This facility will become a welcome center and admissions office for new students and the home of AACCESS, Honors, Tutoring and a Veterans Services/VIP Center. Much of the addition will provide an expanded book store and student union.
- Consultant: Dake | Wells Architecture
- General Contractor: Cahills Construction
- Project Budget: $3,800,000.00
- Scheduled Completion Date: December 30, 2017
Hill Hall, Renovation
Project Description: The renovation of Hill Hall will provide an enhanced learning enviornment for the students, faculty, and staff of the college of education and psychology department. This includes improving accessibility for the facility, faculty and staff offices and work areas, classrooms, support areas, and student collaboration spaces. In addition, maintenance and repairs will be made to the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and electrical distribution systems are required. Work will be done to improve the life safety components of the project including the fire suppression and fire alarm systems. Construction will begin Summer 2017 and ready for use by Fall 2018.
- Consultant: Helix Architecture + Design
- General Contractor: Carson-Mitchell, Inc.
- Project Budget: $11,000,000
- Scheduled Completion Date: July 31, 2018
Jim D. Morris Center, Replace Boilers
Project Description: This project replaces the existing failed steam boilers that are nearly 30 years old. The existing boilers, which are located in the basement, will be replaced with condensing style, hot water boilers and vented using the existing masonry chimney as a path for the new flue. The replacement of the existing hot water pumps will be included in the base bid, alternate #1 is a credit to retain the existing pumps.
- Consultant: WM Tao & Associates
- General Contractor: Gold Mechanical, Inc.
- Project Budget: $330,000.00
- Scheduled Completion Date: October 13, 2017
Kentwood Hall, New Elevator Installation
Project Description: The University is replacing the existing elevator and constructing a new stair tower providing better service to the residence hall. The work on the new stair tower has begun and will continue into the fall semester until completed. Elevator work will begin in the spring of 2017. The impact of the work should be minimal as it is limited to the exterior of the building. The building is vacant for the summer months during this work.
- Consultant: Butler Rosenbury & Partners
- General Contractor: Carson-Mitchell, Inc
- Project Budget: $2,043,395.00
- Scheduled Completion Date: October 1, 2017
Kentwood Hall, Replace Boilers
Project Description: This project replaces the aging boilers located in the basement with new energy efficient boilers. The project will also have alternates to relocate an existing chilled water pump and re-insulate the hydronic piping within the mechanical room.
- Consultant: MSU Planning, Design & Construction
- General Contractor: WMC, Inc.
- Project Budget: $180,000
- Scheduled Completion Date: September 1, 2017