Project Initiation

Need work done but unsure of where to start? See our guidelines below.

Sicecluff Construction

Construction, Renovations, Modifications or Changes

Managed by Planning, Design and Construction

All construction, renovations, modifications or changes to existing facilities on campus requires a Project Request Form* before work on a project may begin. When you see a need for improvements to a building, you may initiate the process  by completing the Project Request Form, obtaining all required signatures, indicating the funding source and funds available, and submitting the Project Request Form to Planning, Design, and Construction.

The required signatures include your Department Head or Supervisor, your Dean or Director and your Vice President or Provost.  These signatures indicate that the funding source is available and may be used for the project you are requesting.

If you require that an estimate be provided and approved prior to commencement of the work, you may submit a Project Request Form to include all required signatures and a note within the request that an estimate should be provided prior to proceeding.  Planning, Design and Construction will obtain a project budget approval from the funding source approver prior to proceeding.

When the properly completed Project Request Form* is received in the Planning, Design and Construction department, the supervisor will assign the project to a Project Manager.  The Project Manager will contact you to assess your needs, determine the scope of work, resolve scheduling needs and work with you to achieve your goals.  The Project Manager will be responsible for complying with applicable laws, building codes, standards, regulations,  labor agreements, and overseeing the entire project until it is complete.  

Additional Space, Modifications to Existing Space, or Change in Use

Managed by University Support Services

All requests for additional space, modification to existing space, or any change to the specified use of space begins with a Facilities Request Form.  This document can be submitted electronically at  or can be downloaded and submitted to University Support Services.

Custodial, Grounds, and Maintenance

Managed by Facilities Management

All requests for Custodial, Grounds, and Maintenance work begin with a Work Request through Facilities Management.  These type of requests must be done electronically at:


The Planning, Design and Construction department is here to serve their client, which is the University. If you have any questions concerning any of this information please call the Planning, Design and Construction office at 417-836-5101 or email your questions


Additional information regarding all administrative service requests can be found at:


*You need Adobe Reader to view and print this document.